Friday, August 21, 2009

New Cast is On

Yesterday I broke one of my rules. Never try to drive up and back from Dallas or Houston after a medical appointment with Brandon. But I am in the middle of some work I needed to do, so I made the expection yesterday. I did however take a friend for the trip. Jane again volunteered for the day. Thank you Jane.

The day was very long leaving here at 8 AM and returning at 9:30 PM. But it was very productive. Brandon had the cast removed and the button on the bottom of the foot removed. I spared you guys from seeing the button, it is pretty graphic. Take my word for it, it needed to go. The leg and foot look great and Brandon was not in too much pain. You can see below pictures from yesterday.

The new cast will be on for 1 month. Brandon can walk on this cast. For now he is still in the wheelchair but will be up and walking with a walker soon. Just in time for school. Brandon also had his foot molded for a new brace. At Scottish Rite they let the kids pick out a design to go with the brace and Brandon choose the Peace sign. No telling what it will look like. But it is in harmony with what Brandon likes. Brandon did great yesterday with the exception of complaining about not going to see Paul McCartney the night before. However, new information on an early John Lennon interview is in the the Rolling Stone Magazine and Brandon could not stop talking about it. So we were good.

More later

No comments: