Thursday, November 12, 2009

At last the end is near

Today Brandon and I went back to the Scottish Rite Hospital for a check on the second surgery Brandon had on his left foot. Brandon had some set-backs from this surgery because of the H1N1 illness at Dell Children's. Brandon's cast was removed and replaced several times. However, it didnt seem to have much of an impact. Today, Dr Birch and the Blue team gave Brandon the thumbs up on his left foot and have allowed Brandon to go brace free. They also said we will not have to go back to Scottish Rite for 6 months.

Brandon started clapping and hugged everyone in the room when he found out that he did not have to wear the brace anymore and I almost did the same when I heard we did not have to come back for 6 months. Way to go Brandon.

We will watch the right foot for now and hope it does not get worse. I dont think I could handle another hospital stay this year.

Also, on a total pamerping note, we stayed at the Warwick Hotel a few blocks from the hospital in Dallas. I love that place. We have stayed there several times over the last 2 1/2 years and everytime it has been fabulous. I can sometimes get a great rate on expedia. If you ever go to Dallas and want a little luxury, I totally recommend the Warwick or Hotel ZaZa. Brandon and I have stayed in almost ever hotel downtown and they are the best. Last night they took us to the new Hard Rock Cafe where they are having a John Lennon fundraiser (hunger) and Brandon was in heaven. I was just in heaven in the hotel. It was a nice way to spend the last two days full of doctor visits. It makes it that much more bearable.

The day before Brandon had a clinical trial visit at Dell Children's. The appointment was over two hours and I forgot my purse. So we had to drive back very south and then turnaround and head for Dallas. That landed us in rush hour traffic. But pulling up to the hotel made it all better. And finding out the next visit is in 6 months is even better.

Now back to Brandon's transition. More later.
Leah

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!