Thursday, April 28, 2011

Still Driving Down that Road

Yes,still driving down that road to recovery.  Brandon had another scare at school.  This is the second scare in a few weeks and the second scare where Brandon could not breath.  It is starting to worry me and I dont get worried that often.  This week I had to go to Houston to work.  After last week's scare I sent everyone information on how to get in touch with me and all my back-ups.  However, wednesday there was not a great deal of coverage.  Sure enough, I get a call from Brandon's school that Brandon was complaining of not being able to breath.  He looked in distress. His oxygen saturation rates were 78 and his heart rate was high.  Having oxygen rates at 78 is bad.  When Brandon was young we had orders to call EMS if Brandon oxygen rates fell below 85 and this was below 85.  This is also the second time Brandon has appeared to struggle breathing. 

I called the doctors office and they wanted EMS to go to the school.  When I called back to the school and after Brandon breathing treatment was complete his rates had gone up to 88.  Most of us walk around with oxygen rates between 98-100.  So 88 is not that great either.  The nurses at the school said they were not hearing oxygen moving in the lower lobes of the lungs.  I finally got ahold of my brother and he agreed to go get Brandon and take him to the doctor who was willing to see him. 

So once again Brandon still has pneumonia even through he has completed his medicine.  We switched him to another antibiotic.  We are going on three weeks of lung problems and I hope this antibiotic clears up Brandon's lungs. 

No special olympics track tomorrow for Brandon.  Brandon really likes track the best.  However, Brandon is very excited to be able to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow.  You know it is in "England" where the "Beatles" started their career.  Brandon may show up in my bedroom tomorrow morning at 5:00 am and turn on the TV to the royal wedding while he is going around the house turning on all the TVs. 

I just hope he clears up soon so I can stop worrying. 
More later
Leah

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!