Thursday, July 14, 2011

Success

Brandon went to camp for 5 days and 4 nights at the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired and it was a great success.  The first day I bought him to the school and the school had the sign-in process very organized with a 10 step sign in process.  It went very smooth.  Then we went off to his dorm.  Waiting in his room was the Sgt Peppers Vinyl album opened with the picture of the 4 Beatles.  Brandon grinned with happiness.  Brandon then met one of the volunteers for the week and he was a local musician who also loves loves loves the Beatles.  I knew it would probably be okay for the rest of the 5 days.  The TSBVI has really changed since I lived close by.  It has it's own swimming facility, own therapy center, own health center and tons of staff and volunteers. 

The first night and the next day were very rough for Brandon.  He called me several times screaming and crying wanting to go home.  I became very close to picking him up.  But by Tuesday I did not hear a peep.  I was worried when I picked him up that he would be a wreck.  But just the opposite.  He was singing, happy, talkative and glad to see me, but clearly happy he was there.  One of the staff asked him if he would come back next year and he said yes.  A big thumbs up.  Pretty brave of Brandon to stay with strangers without the benefit of understanding him speak for 5 days.  I am really proud of him. 

SO BIG SUCCESS.  Looking forward to next year already.  We have some transition and job news upcoming.  More later. 
Leah

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!