Friday, June 22, 2012

I fall for this every time.  During Brandon's hospital stay we decided to take another round looking at Brandon's genetic profile to determine any possible diagnosis.  I was thinking that I am close to giving up on a diagnosis.  In a way it really does not matter, except if his condition is worsening.  Right now Brandon is doing great.  But in the hospital I wasn't sure, soooo I fell for it again and set myself up for another possible diagnosis or issue.  Sure enough, Brandon's doctor called today and they have found a genetic deletion.  One they have not found before.  And one so rare they don't know that it means.

For those of you looking for a diagnosis, I have spent the last 3 years of Brandon's life reviewing genetic information, having more tests performed on Brandon each year as the genetic industry has evolved and finding more possible rare conditions maybe associated with Brandon.  I will add this one to the list.  But it never changes that when I get a new diagnosis or discovery of a new possible condition, I start all over with the loss of dreams for Brandon, anger, depression, searching for what it means and then acceptance.  It is very exhausting.  And today I took another path down this bumpy road.  So I have to whine a little for now.  After I have read every website I can and talked to everyone I know, I will accept and move on.  But after 19 years the process never seems to change.

I think margaritas are in order this evening.

More later
Leah

No comments: