Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home at Last

We were finally discharged today from Dell Children's hospital after 12 very long days. I cant tell how great it feels to be home and trying to get back to our routine. Brandon is so happy. We did not get discharged until 4:00 PM today due to some medication issues, but finally the signed papers and we were out of there.

Brandon will need to recover at home for two more weeks. His lungs are still congested, especially on the right side. He is also very weak and lost 10 pounds. But we are both glad to get home.

Now we need to figure out how to play Beatles Rock Band. Any volunteers on coming over a giving a few pointers let me know.

Finally today the doctors told me that Brandon had the H1N1 flu and that he was very lucky it did not get worse. Everyone said he waas very very ill. He is now clear of that flu and has taken Tamiflu to help with any others. He also was on 4 different antibiotics and hope that will help him through the school year.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, words of encourgement, for listening, for all the help (food, going to my house, taking the chickens, helping with the other animals and for our care packages and more). I dont think I could have made it for 12 days taking care of Brandon without you guys.
Love you and more later.
Leah

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!