Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Update

Well today was a little bit of a mommy day. I had to go to work for a few meetings. I would not have gone into work if Brandon's condition was worse. My rock star brother Jim volunteered to give me a break and took off thursday and friday. Thanks Jim. Not an easy job. But Jim has already been exposed to Brandon so it was a logical choice.

I worked until 3:30, went back to the hospital to check on Brandon's condition and I am just now home. I am writing this early because I am also exhausted and need a good night's sleep, a hot bath without interuptions and a little down time.

Brandon's right lung has really filled up and they wanted to agressively try to get air movement in the lung today. They started new agreesive treatments that basically put pressure inside the lungs to try and shake them clear. By the time I left we could hear a little air movement. I will take that. Brandon continues to not be able to breath independently. So one more day in ICU. Tomorrow we will try and get him up in hopes he will try to clear his lungs independently. They will probably also try brief periods of lowering the oxygen on the BiPap and see how he tolerates the change. Tomorrow will be 5 days in ICU.

I wanted to share a story from Brandon's aide at school that made my day and a little crying, but it is so Brandon. She said "We were working on a poem together in English. He (Brandon) was asked to describe himself in two words. He chose LOVING and KIND. He is such a wise 16 year old soul!" Pat I told Brandon about your e-mail and it made him smile. But it is so true.

Thank you all for your kind words and reminding me why Brandon is so special to me and to everyone who knows him.

I am going to bed and will have an update tomorrow.
Leah

No comments: