Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A little loss of the dream.
It has been a while since I have posted about Brandon's progress with transition.  Transition concerning his jobs and his desire to live as independently as possible.  I was reminded today of all things possible by this great youtube video.  Please take a little time and watch it.  It was very inspiring for me, especially today.  


We have dreams for our kids.  When those dreams don't quite work we grieve, make adjustments and move forward.  Today my dream for Brandon's independence became diverted.  I really have been depressed all day, if not crying a little.  I found a great companion to work with Brandon during this next school year.  I have been working with him throughout the summer, a couple days a week and a few respite weekends.  The thought was for Brandon to move back into the condo with him in two weeks where Brandon's companion and Brandon would work on independent living, developing friends and becoming more involved in community activities.  The person I have been working with this summer was already experienced and would have been the next best thing to me in that he would move Brandon to that next step of his life.  I was very comfortable with him and Brandon and him have bonded.   But today we both found out that the schedule I need for this to work was not possible with his day job.  So I have decided to post here today because this is part of the transition process.  Finding just that right person to take Brandon to the next step without him being as dependent on me.  I have the loss of my dreams for Brandon today and a feeling a little sorry for all of us.  I know it is a temporary set back and hopefully I will find that right person soon, but it is still a loss for everyone.  

This person I chose as Brandon's companion is referring another possible match, but I will also throw the net wider and repost the position.  Wish us luck with the finding that perfect match and working through this diversion.  

Leah

 

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!