Monday, August 18, 2008

We have a date

After discussions with the Scottish Rite Hospital today, we now have a date for the surgery. Brandon will have the surgery on August 27, with pre-tests on August 26th. He will stay in the hospital for 5 days after the surgery. I am anticipating that he will be released on August 31st (yes Labor day weekend). I will be staying at the hospital with Brandon. Kristin, Brandon's aide has volunteered to help and is coming with us to Dallas. Brandon's brother Patrick is letting us use his house while he is gone to catch up on a little sleep and do some laundry. Of course the biggest concern is getting Brandon back to Austin after the surgery without damaging his foot. Jimmy (my brother and I) are trying to get the minivan set to allow the foot to be elevated for the ride home. Still working on the concept. Any idea's from you mom's on how to transport easier is appreciated. More later
Leah

4 comments:

anne rote said...

Hey Brandon! I am a friend of your mom and a big fan of yours! I live in Dallas and hope to see you when you are in the hospital. I love the beattles too!

You rock!

Anne Rote

Unknown said...

Hey Leah, what a challenge you and Brandon have coming up - I wish I could help somehow. The blog's a great idea - I'll be reading and thinking good thoughts for you guys. Carrie

Hannah Ehl said...

I am so glad that he is going to get that taken care of! I am sorry that I cannot be in dallas to help you guys out ;( You will be in my thoughts and prayers! love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey Brandon - hope to see you guys soon. I just sent some Beatles surprises to your house, so they should be there when you get home from Dallas. Take care of your mom and don't let her get balance billed.