Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The First Cast is Removed

Many of you have e-mailed me for the latest update. Brandon, Kristin and I just got back from Dallas. Brandon had his cast removed under anesthesia, had all the pins, wires and the button removed and his foot was molded for a brace. They then placed another "tight cast" on the foot and leg for another month. The good news, Brandon can now bear weight on the foot. The bad news, that is not as easy as he or I thought. He will probably need the next month to build strength in the foot to take the weight. He walked a little today with the walker, but was in the wheelchair again for the remainder of the day. Tomorrow back to school and hopefully walking a little more. The physicians and the hospital also want to look at the other foot which has already started to curve in as well. Hopefully we will not need surgery on his right foot for a while. Brandon is in good spirits and everything today went very well. By the way the new cast is green.
Leah

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!